aktuelle informationen unter: http://loibner.cc
Bernhard Loibner is a composer, musician and media artist from Vienna, Austria.
With his music Loibner treats various musical genres: from experimental electronic and electro-acoustic, to post-rock and pop, from audio-visual to radio art. His musical compositions are characterized by the use of live electronics and computers as unique instruments based on software he writes himself.
The music he creates oscillates between intricate 3-dimensional sound textures and harsh noises. His sounds often imply a pulsating moment while developing continuously reconfigured rhythmical structures beyond metrical beats. A carefully composed balance between movement and quietness is at the centre of his musical aesthetics.
He performs live on a regular basis and he realized compositions for contemporary theatre and dance as well as video, film and radio and he extended his work into the audio-visual domain by creating sound/video compositions.
Ongoing collaborations include the sound/video/voice duo “Nerve Theory” with US video artist Tom Sherman as well as live concerts and recordings with musicians such as Melita Jurisic, Clementine Gasser, Karlheinz Essl, Franz Hautzinger, o.blaat, Peter Szely, Joao Castro Pinto, Rhys Chatham, Didi Bruckmayr a.o. Commissioned work includes compositions for films by Austrian director Mara Mattuschka, the extravaganza of the French performance collective SUPERAMAS, the Austrian National Public radio and recently for the young swiss choreographer Janyce Michellod.
He received several project and travel grants and in 2009 he was chosen for the composition grant of the Austrian Federal Ministry for Culture.
His work has been released on CD and DVD and has been presented in numerous live concerts, performances and screenings all over the world e.g. Generator Wien, Elektra Montreal, Stuttgarter Filmwinter, Ars Electronica Linz, The Whitechapel Art Gallery London, Videomedeja Festival Novi Sad, Videoformes Festival Clermond-Ferrand, Kortfilmfestival Leuven, File HIPERSÔNICA Sao Paolo, Sonoimagenes Buenos Aires, Thailand New Media Arts Festival Bangkok etc.
more information at: http://loibner.cc
13. 2. 1992: "Als schritte einApostel vorüber"
21. 7. 1994: "Brennschluß" (gemeinsam mit Robert Woelfl)
30. 5. 1996: "HÖRSTURZ"und CD mit Robert Woelfl
27. 2. 2000: "TheoryMusic"und CD
29.10.2000: REPLAY UPDATE 1: "Hörweite / Earshot", eineLivesendung von gál, BernhardLoibner, Tom Sherman u.a.
11. 2. 2001: "Die lange Radionacht" mit Negativland, Barbed,Muziktoerist und People like us - Remix
15. 7. 2001: "Kaufkraft"(gemeinsam mit Robert Woelfl)
01. 02. 2004: ALWAYS NICE TO BE RECOGNIZED
18. 4. 2010: „Portraying the Spectra of Toys“
04.11.2012: Kunstradio Classics 2 – Aus dem Archiv 2012 - Teil 15
16. 12. 2010: „FOOLING THE FOLEY"
19. 03. 2017: „Radiokunstproduktionen von Nerve Theory"
26. 07. 2020: „Electric Cars and Electric Guitars - Radioversion"
17. 01. 2022: Art`s Birthday 2022 - Live"