- inside the cube:
Inside the cube there are two circles of sound. [diagram]
- The inner circle is defined and controlled by a theremin with ring-modulator that is "played" by the audience. The theremin is programmed to switch between four channels of sound. When a visitor moves his/her hand near the instrument, the motion turns the different sound sources on or off. The hand-motion also activates a fifth sound source (using the ring-modulator) which plays in the outer circle.
- The outer circle is fed with continuous sounds from a variety of sources (installations, internet, CB radio, performances etc.).
- in the entrance hall:
There are 3 loudspeakers each of which plays the sound from one of the remote locations - Linz, Vancouver, Adelaide.
- Loudspeakers in the public space:
- In the entrance of the Kornmarkt Theater.
- At the cafe KUB in front of the Kunsthaus Bregenz.
- A RealAudio Live stream is always playing into the WorldWideWeb.
- CB Radio: input from CB into the Immersive Sound environment and output from Immersive Sound broadcast on CB radio.
- Radio Broadcasts: a daily 10 minute mix of IMMERSIVE SOUND is broadcast every night (except Saturday) on ORF Österreich 1 at 23:50. This is part of the one hour "Kunst In Der Stadt Ausstellungsradio" broadcast.